On this latest case for Haunted Collector, I find my two worlds overlapping. The case had a very heavy urban exploration element to it and I found myself going where the cameras would not. John and the others were taken aback at the condition of the place, but to me it was old hat. Business as usual in the life of an urban explorer...all the danger was real, all the fear was real. The mission concludes tomorrow and we'll move on to a cushier, more hospitable location, but my days of crawling in the dark are certainly not over.
Some behind-the-scenes highlights from this case so far:
• Best quote - "A question was posed in the Eighties...did they ever find out who was zoomin' who?" ~Aimee Zaffis
• Small town hospitality is alive and well, as Chris Zaffis and I got the red carpet rolled out for us at a local Italian restaurant the minute they found out who we were.
• I still have yet to execute a "night train" maneuver, but I'm hopeful for the future...
• Ten years of urban exploration does not make the cleaning of the boots any easier after a long, muddy day but it does make your bed that much more comfy to lie down in when you finally get to it.
• Brooks was here and so was Red. Now, Brian has been there too.
• Hall and Oates music has been following me and I don't mind at all.
• Wearing my full SCARED! uniform underneath some required safety gear feels like a proper nod to that which got me where I am today.
More to come...